Getaroom.com recently released its take on travel tips for individuals looking to enjoy springtime travel without breaking the bank.
- Spring skiing helps you avoid the crowds while still enjoying fresh snow. Top spots such as the Spa & Lodge at Breckenridge can be booked for as little as $149 a night.
- Try to avoid the typical spring break week for both college kids and secondary school students. If there are kids involved, then consider a northern destination to have more peace and quiet and available hotel options.
- Europe is on sale from now until the end of March. It’s a good time to avoid the substantial summer crowds at destinations including London, Barcelona, Paris, and Munich.
- Spring, of course, means spring break for college students. Top destinations include: Cancun, New York City, London, Panama Beach, Las Vegas, LA, and Miami. Avoid the beach communities during spring break if seeking peace and quiet.
- The famous National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. happens between March 20 and April 14, and the city is full of outstanding museums.
- Spring weather can be unpredictable, so check the weather ahead of your trip and bring lots of layers to be ready for the cold or heat wave.
- New York City is beautiful in spring, a time when it is possible to enjoy Central Park without a winter coat. Some hotels, such as the Americana, offer rates as low as $135 a night during this time.
- Visit New Orleans after the craziness of Mardi Gras for great food and festivals, including the Jazz Festival and the free Lafayette Square concerts.
- Miami is a great destination for beachgoers, with warm but not yet hot weather. Hotels, such as the Chesterfield Hotel in South Beach, offers room rates for less than $100 a night during May.
“Springtime is supposed to be a time of rebirth and discovery, and travelers should embrace their trips with a similar spirit of adventure and fun,” said Robert B. Diener, President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. “Many top destinations are available at a substantial discount during the spring months, and the warmer and longer days make many outdoor attractions very appealing.”