Running with Cheetahs, Trekking with Gorillas in Africa
Extraordinary Journeys offers travelers to Tanzania and Rwanda a new itinerary that presents remote and personal access to top game-viewing areas, including Namiri Plains, a property set on a private concession in the Central-Eastern Serengeti that for twenty years operated as a private cheetah sanctuary.
Extraordinary Journeys is offering an 11-day journey through Rwanda and Tanzania with stays at Arusha Coffee Lodge, Namiri Plains Camp (Serengeti), Rubondo Island Camp (Lake Victoria) and, in Rwanda: Kigali Serena Hotel and Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge. Package includes most meals, intra-continental transportation and most activities.
- Stay at Namiri Plains, a brand new property with exclusive access to a private concession in the Central-Eastern Serengeti, with the best cheetah viewing in Tanzania
- Stay at Rubondo Island Camp on Lake Victoria, offering a brand new treehouse and sleep out experience;
- Guided gorilla-trekking in Volcanoes National Park, home to Rwanda’s highest concentration of rare mountain gorillas;
- Convenient flight from Arusha to the Serengeti to Kigali, enabling guests to maximize safari viewing time;
- Free massage at Rubondo for all Extraordinary Journeys clients who book by August 31st!
Pricing begins at $9,000 per person. Gorilla permits are mandatory for trekking and cost an additional $750 per person, per trek. Due to the nature of the wild environment, Extraordinary Journeys cannot guarantee gorilla sightings. International flights are not included.
Follow the Sun with Club Med Packages from FLA to France
Ultimate vacations are in season this year, whether in summer, fall or winter with Club Med deals at 45 resorts from Florida and the Caribbean to France and Italy. The “Never-Ending Sun” sale presents all-inclusive escapes from just $129 per person, per night and children under four stay free. These rare rates are bookable through August 26, 2014 for travel through February 13, 2015. if you book through Club Med before October 31, 2014 take an extra 25 percent off on suites at Ixtapa Pacific in Mexico, or 15 percent off on deluxe accommodations at Sandpiper Bay in Florida. A 10 percent discount on air travel is also possible through these offers.
The Sounds of Music through Austria in Autumn
Tuckahoe, N.Y.-based Herzerl Tours has a comprehensive six-day music tour to Austria this fall in time for the music festival season. 2014 celebrates 150 years of Richard Strauss. Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn and Bruckner were drawn to the musical import of the Imperial capital. The tour focuses on musical happenings in Salzburg and Vienna and brings moments with Mozart, Schubert, Strauss and Haydn as well as the culture and food of Austria.
Tour services include:
- Train tickets: Salzburg/Vienna; private coach Salzburg/Vienna
- Two nights in Salzburg and four nights in Vienna
- Tours per itinerary in private / minivan
- A concert/dinner at St. Peters Stiftkeller in Salzburg
- Two dinners and two lunches at local restaurants
- Airport / station transfers
- Two walking tours with English speaking guide
- Tickets for Vienna Boys’ Choir concert
- Tickets to local concert programs (t.b.a.)
- Ticket for Haydn concert in Eisenstadt
- Vienna Card (free use of public transportation and more)
- Entrances and Guides as noted
Duration: six days, available for groups, mini-groups and FIT’s.
Cost: $ 2,475.00 per person, double occupancy (land only).
Season: late September/early October 2014 (depends on concert schedules). Earlier dates available upon request.
Hang Ten California Cool Package in Santa Monica
Travelers seeking a some authentic Santa Monica fun in the sun surf experiences this summer can get them at Le Meridien Delfina, just a few blocks from the Pacific, in Santa Monica, CA. The “Surf’s Up Package” offers a variety of inclusions and discounts:
* A 20% discount on local surfing lessons with experts to ensure guests catch the “perfect wave”
* An “awesome” 50% discount deal on meals at Longitude (which just launched a new “Surfboard Menu”) and at Zest Kitchen
* A picnic basket filled with innovative dishes, such as a Citrus Quinoa and Asian Cucumber Salads, to take to the beach
Rates: start at $269 per night on all luxury guestrooms with sweeping ocean views
Mini and Mighty Trips to Turkey
European Tours is offering Turkey on a platter with tours that run as short as four nights and as long as nine.
Istanbul Mini Package: from $507 per person, double occupancy. Hotel accommodations at a 4-Star hotel in the city center. Daily breakfast and Day 2’s lunch is included. The offer, valid until October 2014, includes a dizzying overview of Istanbul with visits to the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, and the Hagia Sophia Museum (closed on Mondays), Topkapi Palace (Harem not included, and closed on Tuesdays) and the Grand Covered Bazaar (closed on Sundays). Guests also visit the famous Spice Bazaar and embark on a boat for a cruise on the Bosphorus. The tour includes all transfers and guiding.
Discovery Star: Takes in Cappadocia’s moon-like surface with its rock churches, Underground City, white cascades of Pamukkale; Ephesus; House of the Virgin; Pergamon Medical Center of Asclepius; plus Troy, Gallipoli and Istanbul. The nine-night tour is priced from $625 per person, double occupancy and is valid through December 2014. The rate includes: all entrance fees, 9 Breakfasts, 6 Dinners, Deluxe or Budget accommodations, Deluxe Tour Coach, services of a professional Tour Guide throughout the tour, local taxes, arrival and departure transfers.