China on a Dime: Pacific Delight’s Latest Dollar-wise Delight
Pacific Delight’s “China Impressions Silver Experience” offers China on a platter with air from the U.S. for less than $2,500. The air-inclusive (from LAX and SFO, add $200 for JFK) package puts eight nights in Beijing, Xi’an and Shanghai on the table for an inclusive journey that uses world class hotels and brings a menu of excellent add-on options.
Guests tour the iconic spots in the three destinations and have the option of adding a Victoria Cruises river cruise on the Yangtze. Departures are guaranteed with a minimum of two passengers.
Rates: $2,499 per person, double occupancy. Air transportation is provided by Air China or China Eastern. Rates include intra-China flights; fuel surcharges; taxes and fees; meals; and the USTOA $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program.
Sail the Caribbean: Super Summer Sailing Package in Nevis
Montpelier Plantation & Beach is offering a double couple customized Super Sailing Package experience led by Yachtmaster Offshore Captain Matt Lloyd. Two half-day sailing excursions for four people are included and instruction can range from sailing basics to sailing skills improvement to sailors prepping for qualifications or for those who want to learn about charter boating.
The package includes:
- Three nights’ accommodations in two Premier Rooms (or upgrade to the two-bedroom Tamarind Villa)
- Rum punch welcome amenity
- Daily breakfast for four
- Two half-day, custom-designed sailing trips for up to four people with a selection of drinks and snacks provided on board; itinerary can include an added snorkel stop on a half-day trip, or the two half-day trips can be combined to include a full-day option that features lunch at a beach bar in St. Kitts (added cost not included) and a snorkel stop
- Picnic one day for four people
- Complimentary transportation to Montpelier’s private beach
Rates: Package prices start at $2,090 for Premier Rooms and $3,695 for the Tamarind Villa, excluding taxes and gratuities. The historic Relais and Chateaux resort sits on 60 acres at the base of Nevis Peak and recently added new activities, including Rum Tastings and Beach BBQs. Nevis is located near St. Kitts as a 36-square-mile island that is a short ferry ride away from St. Kitts. Direct flights to St. Kitts are available on commercial airlines flying out of New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, Miami and Puerto Rico. Package available through August 15, 2014.
Uber Oberoi Package Puts the Buy on Dubai
A “First Time for Everything” package celebrating the first anniversary of the Oberoi Dubai is packing a stay with value at a rate that, perhaps, grants an Aladdin-style wish.
The package includes:
- Accommodation in a 2,150-square-foot Luxury Suite sumptuously appointed and offering a living room, a dining area for six guests and floor to ceiling windows with a private balcony overlooking the iconic Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building
- Two 60-minute treatments at The Oberoi Spa, the first 24 hour spa in Dubai and private yoga class with the hotel’s resident yoga instructor
- Candlelit dinner with Champagne on the private balcony of the Luxury Suite with stunning views of the Burj Khalifa
- A one-to-one masterclass with an award-winning chef
- A tea ceremony workshop with a Tea Master
- A four-hour private tour, and chauffeur service in a BMW 7 series with complimentary Wi-Fi
- Welcome drinks served in the Suite
- A personalized welcome amenity
- Packing and unpacking service
- Breakfast for two at Nine7One, the world cuisine restaurant
Rates: Package prices starting at $570 (applicable taxes extra) per room, per night. Package runs through December 28, 2014.
Mr. Karim Bizid, General Manager
(+971 4) 444-1444
Born to be Wild, Hard Rock-Style in Ibiza
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, the brand’s first European property that opened this May, has the ultimate Rock Star Suite perfect for any rock-loving hipster heading for some beach time in Spain. Hard Rock is rolling out suite accommodations for guests who, much like rock stars, need some hard-earned r & r. Guests can indulge in beautiful beachfront views in the Rock Star Suite’s incredible roof-top spot. The suite features:
- A round bed featuring Sleep Like a Rock 300-thread-count cotton linens and 46″ flat-screen HDT in the master bedroom
- A Bar and MaxiBar with premium drinks (extra charge), plus a Mix Me Bro! cocktail station, and a Nespresso coffee machine
- A double bedroom with twin beds plus a 42″ flat-screen HDTV with private access to a generously sized bathroom featuring double vanities and an over-sized shower with Whirlpool tub
- A grand living room with seating for six and a 52” flat-screen HDTV with fully integrated sound system and electronic gadgets
- A private outdoor terrace with a huge round Jacuzzi and a chill-out furnished area
- VIP services provided by the hotel’s Rock Royalty Crew include free airport shuttle service, VIP check-in, use of a private Balinese bed in the hotel’s Beach Club, VIP access to Ushuaïa Up sky lounge and events (by request), and priority reservations to Ibiza’s hottest clubs and restaurants (by request).
Rates: Pricing starts at $ 1,067 per night for the Rock Star Suite.
Boards & Boats in the Bahamas: Deep Water Cay’s Summer Beach Fling
For 56 years, serious anglers have regarded Deep Water Cay’s flats as the epicenter of Bahamas bonefishing. More recently, divers and snorkelers have discovered the Cay’s miles of live coral reefs and numerous blue holes to be an unspoiled diving nirvana. But as part of the recent multimillion-dollar facilities renovations and upgrades, Deep Water Cay now offers even more ways for guests to explore the clear turquoise water around the island by offering a Boards & Boats Summer Fun Package.
The price includes lodging in a Guest Cottage, all meals and on-island recreation including:
- Hobie Cats
- Tennis Courts
- Infinity-edge pool overlooking the Caribbean
- Wade-fishing the flats (nominal rod/reel rental fee)
Popular à la carte off-island options include:
- Guided half-day flats fishing
- Reef fishing
- Diving and drift snorkeling
- Beach exploration
Rates: The package is available through Aug. 31, 2014. The minimum three-night/two-day trip starts at $1,368 per person. Guests may add on as many days and extras as they wish. Not included: 10% taxes and 12% resort service fee, round-trip transfers from Freeport International Airport, alcoholic beverages and $50/day minimum guide gratuities.
Deep Water Cay
Quick Hits for Early Summer Travel Deals
Wowing Travel Deals Worth the Wonder