Detox. Las Vegas-Style
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is running a Digital Detox Weekend Retreat in September. Unlike most other experiences one can have in Las Vegas, guests will enjoy a calming weekend of activities designed to provide a digital escape and relief from constant connectivity with their mobile devices.
The Weekend Retreat begins with a personal consultation with a spa therapist followed by a selected detox regimen — which includes no access to their personal devices for the duration of the retreat or partial digital detox. Guests get their share of yoga classes, nutrition talks, healthy smoothie demonstrations, guided meditation classes, group sharing circles and more.
Dates: September 9-11, 2016
Rates: $699 per person for the two-night stay in a Strip View Room.
(702) 590 8881
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Empty Nesters Vacation in Jamaica
This fall millions of students will head off to college, leaving parents to navigate empty nests and reawaken the spark. Jamaica Inn invites parents to rediscover romance at the timeless boutique resort located on Jamaica’s north coast.
Available now through October 31, 2016, the Newly Nesters Discovery package includes:
- Luxurious Accommodations in a Deluxe Verandah Suite with Ocean View
- Club MoBay VIP Arrival & Lounge Access
- Couple’s Moonlight Massage in the Twilight of a Jamaican Evening at Ocean Spa
- River Rafting on the Legendary Martha Brae River (transportation included)
- “Shop & Cook” Excursion and Class with Executive Chef Maurice in the Local Ocho Rios Farmer’s Market (available on Fridays)
- Private Croquet Lesson with on-property expert
- For those travelers looking to add adventure and discovery to a Newly Nester Discovery getaway, Jamaica Inn’s Concierge can arrange the following off-property excursions:
- A Full Day Coffee Foraging, Blending, and Roasting Experience at a Plantation in the Blue Mountains
- River Tubing at White River Valley or supplemental White River offers including River Kayaking and Ziplining
- Turtle Hatching Experience at nearby beach during the peak Hatching Season, August through October
Rates: A four-night stay begins at $1,950
Communing with Spirit at Coppola Resorts
Coppola Resorts has a retreat available dedicated to restoring and renewing mind, body and soul. All-inclusive mindful retreat packages are now offered at their three Central American eco-lodge resorts: Blancaneaux Lodge and Turtle Inn in Belize, and La Lancha in Guatemala.
Guests can enjoy detox sessions in an authentic temazcal sweat lodge, Thai and moon oil massages, farm-to-fork cooking classes, hikes in the Belizean jungle, yoga and meditation on white-sand beaches and more.
Package highlights include a detox session at their authentic temazcal sweat lodge made from volcanic rock, meditative copal incense burning to heal the soul and mindful meditation by the lake. Guests can also indulge in four types of luxurious spa massages, including a Mayan moon oil massages, a tour of nearby Tikal, an archaeological, ancient Mayan site, and take a refreshing dip in the lake during downtime. Local refreshing amenities will include a daily avocado, detox juices or teas and restorative fresh coconuts to sip.
Dates: Through December 16, 2016
Rates: The cost per couple is $3,169.86, not including tax/service fees.
— And the Livin’ is Easy
Puerto Rico’s Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is running a romantic, but affordable getaway this summer. It has rolled out its “Summer is Easy” sale. With rates starting at $127 per night the package includes a VIP value card on stays of three nights or more. The secluded 500-acre resort is located on a mile-long section of tropical beach adjacent to the El Yunque National Rainforest and the Mameyes River. Ten restaurants and lounges accompany two world-class golf courses and the Bali-inspired spa, Mandara.
Use promo code: PKGSIE16 on a stay of three nights or more to access the discounted starting rates.
Fantasy Night in London Package
Hotel 41 in London has a wonderful “Night Under the Stars” package that allows couples to stay in the penthouse Conservatory Suite with a glass roof enables couples to sleep under the stars in supreme luxury and comfort. This experience includes a traditional English breakfast in the morning, a flight of Champagne, a telescope for gazing and certificates for naming stars after each other, plus a “Plunder the Pantry” privilege where guests can enjoy complimentary treats all day.
Rates: Starting at $1,811 per night.
+44 (0)20 7300 0041