Autumn in New England: Leaf-Peeper Perfection at Hideaway in Maine
When the air turns crisp and the leaves start to turn, Migis Lodge, an upscale destination resort located on the pristine shores of Maine’s Sebago Lake, offers the perfect setting for romance and outdoor adventure. The comfort and charm of Migis Lodge provides an ideal backdrop for romantic walks, dinners overlooking the lake and cuddling by a wood-burning fireplace in a private cottage steeped in rustic luxury.
A Fall Adventure package includes guided hikes, flower-arranging, truffle making, and wine tastings. Additional activities available at the Lodge include tennis, massage, use of canoes, kayaks, sailboats, sauna and the fitness center.
Migis Lodge, nearly a century old on Sebago Lake, sits in the middle of 125 acres of pine forest but is easily reached. South Casco, Maine, in the heart of the Lakes Region, is a 40-minute drive northwest from Portland. The ledge’s 35 guest cottages, ranging from studios to six-bedroom floor plans, have porches, handsome appointments, handmade quilts, fine linens, wood-burning fireplaces, fresh flowers, and daily maid service.
Rates: Fall mid-week rates start at $199 and weekend rates start at $224 through Columbus Day (Oct. 13)
Tennis Lovers: Four Seasons Maui Offers Fantasy Tennis Camp Packages
Tennis players can test their mettle and tweak their techniques over the surf of the Pacific in November at Maui’s prestigious Wailea Tennis Club, with three-time grand slam singles champion Lindsay Davenport. Tennis participants will be treated to world-class instruction and match play with Davenport and other top players (think: Michael Chang, Tracy Austin, Tom Gullikson, Taylor Dent and Mike Sell) during the November tennis event, which is open to adult men and women of all skill levels.
Four Seasons Maui on Wailea is dialing up the dream camp with a four-night stay in garden view accommodations at the resort, and a Tennis Fantasy Camp Welcome Party and Awards Luau.
Rates: $3295 per person for double occupancy; $3795 for single occupancy. The price does not include gratuity, applicable taxes, food and beverage or other incidentals.
Dates: November 19-23, 2014
More Maui: DRH and Travaasa Hana offer Families a “More to Maui” Package
Destination Resorts Hawaii and Travaasa Hana are making it easier for families to explore Maui with the newly created “More to Maui” package: three nights in a two-bedroom, ocean view villa in Makena followed by three nights in a low-rise bungalow suite at Travaasa Hana.
Inclusions at Destination Resorts Makena:
- $85 in dining credits. Choose from Duo Steak and Seafood at the Four Seasons Wailea, Ko Restaurant at the Fairmont Kea Lani, Tommy Bahama, and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse
- $55 in spa credits from spas at Four Seasons Wailea, Grand Wailea or Fairmont Kea Lani
- Grocery Discount Card
- Wi-Fi access
Inclusions at Travaasa Hana:
- Welcome banana bread and lei greeting
- Bottled water and organic coffee
- Daily activities such as sunrise yoga, aqua aerobics, juicy living, lei making, hula and ukulele lessons, coconut husking, throw-net fishing, live Hawaiian music
- Weekly experiences such as Waipauma coastal hike, bamboo pole fishing, manager’s cocktail reception
- Shuttle service to nearby Hamoa Beach
- Complimentary snorkeling gear, boogie board, and bicycle rentals
- Self or valet parking
- Wi-Fi access
On Maui’s south side, Wailea and Makena offer many swimmable beaches. The road to Hana and Travassa is a long and winding one but known for its beauty. The “More to Maui” package simplifies the planning of multi-town vacations allowing for more quality time with families.
Rates: Package starts at $3,082 for six nights and includes a rental car and accommodations for two adults and two children through December 19, 2014.
Book Now: Stay 5 Nights and Pay for 4 in Fiji
One of Fiji’s newest resorts to open this year on Fiji’s main island, Nanuku Resort & Spa Fiji is extending its “Stay 5 Nights and Pay for 4” sale through October 30 for travel now through December 19, 2014, and January 5 to March 30, 2015 (excluding December 20, 2014 through January 4, 2015).
Travelers have a chance to experience the all-new luxury resort with choice of accommodations, two complimentary half hour massages, plus breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily at the Club House. The package also includes return private car transfers from Nadi or Suva airports, butler and nanny service, Villa golf buggy, Wi-Fi throughout the resort, use of non-motorized watersports, and daily hosted drinks and canapés.
Find Nanuku in 55 acres of gardens overlooking the pristine Beqa Lagoon, on one of the mainland’s spectacular white sandy beaches, just under 2 hours by car from Nadi International Airport in the Fiji Islands.
Rates: Start at about $756 per night for two.
(011) 679 345 2100
A Very Kohler Christmas
Wisconsin for the winter: the scene can be romantic and invogorating with a stay at Destination Kohler in Kohler, WI. The five star, five diamond resort will be a Christmas time dream this year with 40 miles of twinkling lights, cracking fireplaces and decorated Christmas trees and wreaths. Visitors have the option to stay at The American Club, with its five-star ratings; The Carriage House, a 55-room annex to The American Club with complimentary access to Kohler Waters Spa; Sandhill Cabin, a private rural cabin retreat with first-class service, and the Inn on Woodlake, a three-star boutique-style hotel for convenient access to holiday shopping at The Shops at Woodlake. Holiday meals throughout the season will be in festive surroundings and family friendly dining will offer plenty of memory making. The Kohler Waters Spa, one of the world’s top spas, offers a relaxation pool with an eight-foot waterfall as a well as a fireplace, lounge and rooftop Jacuzzi. Creative spa services include concepts such as Bamboo Contouring Drizzle, Citrus Reviver and Lavender Rain.
The resort’s 500-acre wildlife preserve brings cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, bird hunting, trapshooting and 3-D archery.
Autumn and Winter Packages:
Red Carpet Retreat
- Any length of stay at The American Club
- Food and beverage credit of $50 per night
- In-room movie (one feature film, not including TV Series or Movie Series) each evening
- In-room dining delivery of Movie Package Amenities (includes soda, popcorn and candy)
- Kohler Waters Spa services discounted 20%, excluding seasonal treatments.
Rates: November 2014 – May 2015 starting at $142 per person per night, double occupancy.
- Two nights at The American Club
- Breakfast daily in The Wisconsin Room (gratuity included). Sunday Brunch in The Wisconsin Room. Advanced reservations are required for brunch
- Three-course dinner one night at Cucina (gratuity included)
- Or, for dinner, select three-course dining at The Wisconsin Room (Saturday through Thursday a la carte menu, Friday Night Seafood Buffet only), Blackwolf Run, or Whistling Straits restaurants for an additional $20 per person, or select five-course dining at The Immigrant Restaurant for an additional $50 per person, Tuesday through Saturday. (Gratuity included.)
- 20% discount on services at Kohler Waters Spa, excluding seasonal treatments
Rates: November 2014 – April 2015 starting at $304 per person, double occupancy.