Tailgate in Luxury at the Inn at Dos Brisas
Located an a little over an hour from Houston in the eastern foothills of Texas Hill Country, The Inn at Dos Brisas is a premier destination to kick off football season with game day getaways. “Destination Football” Packages are running for football fanatics and their more cultured counterparts who may just want to enjoy great dining and cowboy country living for a few days.
The two-night “Destination Football” package, features a pitchfork-to-grill tailgate for guests to take with them to the game – whether it be the Houston Texans, Texas A&M University, University of Houston, Rice University or any other team of their choosing.
The package includes:
- Accommodations for two nights in a resort Casita
- Pitchfork-to-grill tailgate picnic with homemade kabobs of locally sourced meats and/or Dos Brisas Farm veggies, assorted local fruits and cheeses and a few sweet treats
- There is optional transportation service available to/from the game including helicopter service and air taxi service.
- The Inn, on 313 acres within easy driving distance from Austin and Houston, is a Relais & Chateaux Spanish ranch manor with nine intimate haciendas and casitas that accommodate up to 28 guests. The onsite equestrian center offers horse-focused and the ranch provides a variety of outdoor activities such as bass fishing, cycling and clay target shooting.
Rates: $1,999 to $3,899
Beachfront Hideaways in Kauai Get Great Fall Boost
Hanalei Colony Resort on Kauai’s spectacular north shore is offering a special rate for Ocean View suites for stays, now through November 23. The fall special represents a one-third discount off the usual Ocean View rate of $356 per night. The special rate is applicable to Ocean View category suites only and requires a two-night minimum stay. In addition, a seventh night is offered free after six consecutive paid nights.
Described as “unspoiled and unplugged,” the resort prides itself on its secluded location and provides complimentary guest shuttles to nearby beaches, Hanalei Town, and the Princeville Resort area. Located on five beachfront acres, the resort’s 48 units are all two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and private lanais, all with sweeping views of Hanalei Bay or Kauai’s north shore mountains. Hanalei Colony’s suites do not have televisions, stereos, or phones. Resort amenities include free parking, guest barbecue and picnic areas, a guest laundromat, twice-weekly maid service. The property does not charge a “resort fee,” and complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all units.
Rate: $240 per night
Christmas Package on Sale Now at Turtle Bay Resort
Celebrate the holiday season with Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu’s legendary North Shore. Your gift: The fifth night is free.
With the resort’s Early Holiday offer, book four nights and receive the fifth free for travel from Dec. 16-25, 2014. Newly remodeled guest rooms and suites bring stunning Pacific Ocean views and such inclusions as breakfast for two adults and two children, and a GoPro camera.
Activities to consider include stand-up paddle boarding, surf lessons at the Hans Hedemann Surf Center, Segway tours, hiking, mountain biking across the resort’s 880 acres, horseback rides, beachside yoga and 36 holes of championship golf.
- Book 4 nights – Receive the 5th night free
- Stay in brand new guest room or suite
- Wi-Fi internet access
- One hour snorkel equipment rental per day
- Access to State of the Art Fitness Center
- One hour tennis court time per day
- One hour volleyball rental per day
- Chairs and umbrella on beach (first come first served)
- Ukulele & Shell Hula Lessons with Tutu Janet
- Stand Up Paddle Board demonstrations daily
- Complimentary 10-min clinic/lesson with a PGA Professional
- Complimentary high-performance Rentals by Titleist on practice range
Rates: Starting at $389 per night
Turkish Delights: Fall Season Special on Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines is offering special Istanbul flight deals this fall starting at $599 from Boston to Istanbul, and $699 to Istanbul from Chicago, Houston, Washington, D.C. and New York.*
While in Istanbul, check out the new Raffles Istanbul, which opened this month on the banks of the Bosporus as an oasis of calm and cool.
At the heart of the cutting-edge Zorlu Center — a modern-day bazaar where fashion, fine food and the arts converge on the European shore in Beşikta — Raffles Istanbul presents stunning vantages of the city along with Michelin-star cuisine. A Grand Opening offer brings a 20% best rate room discount through October. A Rise and Shine bed and breakfast package, which includes buffet breakfast in Rocca restaurant, use of health, fitness and pool facilities at Raffles SPA, and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet, runs $576 per night.
Grand Opening Rates: starting at $435 per night with added inclusions for suites.
*Purchasing and travel periods are limited and can be found among the complete list of terms and conditions online here.
The $74 Deal of the Decades in Daytona Beach
To mark its 40th anniversary, the Shores Resort & Spa in Daytona Beach Shores, FLA is offering a special rate starting at just $74 per night, in honor of its 1974 opening date. The rate is valid on all mid-week stays at the oceanfront resort through the end of the year.
Originally opened as the Hilton Daytona Beach Resort, the property is located on a quiet stretch of the famous Florida shoreline. The AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort in Central Florida brings 212 guestrooms, many with private balconies and terraces, all overlooking the Atlantic or Florida’s Intracoastal Waterway.
Promotion code: 1974SH