Dreams of Spring, turn into hard winter realities for travelers willing to take the hint from mother nature and head for warn climes. Here are a few of the winter travel deals out there for those who want to go from talk to walk.
Mukul in Nicaragua Opens its Heart for Lovers
For the couple looking for a soulful connection, Soulmate Journey at Mukul Resort & Spa on Nicaragua’s Emerald Coast will undoubtedly work its intended magic.
The packages includes:
- Couples energy reading with resort’s wellness specialist to explore further synergy
- Couples massage at one of the six spa sanctuaries at award-winning Spa Mukul
- A three-course dinner with wine pairing for two on the beach
- Golf lesson for two at the Guacalito Golf Course, designed by David McLay Kidd; or surf lesson for two at world-class surf spots
- A four-night stay for two in an exquisite Bohio featuring a sweeping wooden deck with a private plunge pool
- Two ample bottles of Flor de Caña Rum (owned by the owners of Mukul)
- Daily breakfast for two
Rates: $3,830 through April 25; $2,513 from April 26 onward. A separate Golf and Surf packages for active enthusiasts is also available for $1,067 through April 25 (it is $867 from April 26).
(800) 3908-844 or email
Ringing the Rites of Spring in Lake Placid, NY
Spring in Lake Placid is glorious enough but a rustic weekend escape to to the shores of Mirror Lake can be divine. Lake Placid’s Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort has a perfect Bed & Breakfast package to herald the change of seasons. Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort is an eco-friendly property located directly on the shores of Mirror Lake and Main Street Lake Placid. It features a private beach, health club and pool, restaurant, night club and a variety of accommodations and amenities around a scenic Adirondack lake with mountain views.
Available Sunday through Thursday from March 29 to May 31, the package includes lodging and breakfast for two each morning,
Rates: starting at $79 are up to 30% off of normal rack rates.
Spring Thaw: Nisbet Plantation Beach Club in Nevis
Trade snow boots for sandals and fast-forward to a spring thaw with a Spring Fling package at Nisbet Plantation Beach Club on the pristine, unspoiled Caribbean island of Nevis. This beach vacation experience rewards guests with free room nights and beverages. The package includes:
Stay 7 nights and the 6th and 7th nights are free or stay 5 nights and the 5th night is free.
- Full daily breakfast served poolside
- Daily afternoon tea on the Great House patio
- Nightly three-course gourmet dinner in the Great House, a AAA Four Diamond restaurant
- Free Rum Punch Cocktail daily to celebrate our 25th Anniversary – Silver Jubilee
- $100 beverage credit (per reservation and not per person)
- Complimentary airport transfers from Nevis (NEV) or St. Kitts (SKB)
Rates: staring at $338 per room, per night based on double occupancy on stays of seven or more nights in a Superior Room. The resort is located on the beach and the package is open to all room categories. Rate is subject to tax and service charges. Rates vary based on room type.
Spring in Portugal: Consider a Sunny Algarve Escape
The luxurious Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel has a great Easter family package. Spring is a great time in Sagres, on the Western Algarve Coast. The Costa Vicentina Natural Park is covered with wild flowers; the Atlantic is a clear shade of turquoise and the air is full of the scent of eucalyptus.
The Five-day package includes: four nights of accommodations with buffet breakfast, one meal per day (lunch or dinner with 3 -course menu, drinks are not included), use of the spa, pools and activities such as tennis. There is a free kids activities club. The 100-acre beachfront resort offers luxury to couples and families – with a spa, extensive range of childcare and leisure facilities, sports clubs and several restaurants and bars.
Rates: Starting at $294 per night (max. 2 adults, 2 kids -1 child up to 12 and other up to 2 years). This package is offered in late May and June 2015.
(351 282) 240 200
Princess Cruises Puts “Denali on Sale” for 2015 Summer Sailings
Guests can experience all the awe of Alaska has to offer by land and sea at a special price. Princess Cruises’ “Denali on Sale” event offers fares as low as $99 per day with refundable deposit.
Alaska land and sea vacations combine the cruise line’s popular seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers Alaska cruise, which includes scenic cruising through pristine Glacier Bay National Park, with a three to eight-day land tour featuring stays at exclusive Princess Wilderness Lodges and scenic rail service as guests explore the picturesque Alaska wilderness and see the majesty of the Denali area, particularly Mt. McKinley, North America’s tallest peak.
Examples of “Denali on Sale” land and sea vacation deals include:
- 10-night On Your Own (tour CAX): $999 interior; $1,699 balcony
- 11-night On Your Own (tour FAX): $1,499 interior; $2,399 balcony
- 10-night Denali Explorer (tour BB3); $1,299 interior; $2,099 balcony
- 12-night Denali Explorer (tour GB5): $1,399 interior; $2,099 balcony
- 14-night Connoisseur (tour QAZ): $2,599 interior; $3,499 balcony
Rates: prices are per person based on double occupancy. “Denali on Sale” runs through 11:59 p.m. PDT on April 14, 2015 and is available to residents of the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Bermuda.