$100,000 Proposal Package of the Century in Pasadena
As a 100th birthday tribute to the original Huntington Hotel, The Langham Huntington, Pasadena is offering the $100,000 Proposal of The Century — easily an unparalleled engagement experience for couples who want to immerse in warm, classic California surroundings on a 23-acre spread just minutes from Downtown Los Angeles in Pasadena.
Proposal of the Century is good through December 29, 2014 and, for the price, offers some pretty amazing inclusions:
- Private and exclusive use of The Rose Bowl Stadium, allowing the guest(s) to “Pop the Question” directly on the field. The couple may invite up to 40 friends and family to witness the moment.
- A private serenade with the 40-piece Pasadena Symphony Orchestra, and performed directly on the Rose Bowl field
- A handcrafted, custom-designed engagement ring featuring a 2.50-carat cushion-cut diamond with a total retail value of $35,000. A customized stone upgrade is offered as a separate option.
- Use of the Rose Bowl video message board to illuminate a personal “Marry Me” message and/or photo collage of the couple during their private engagement experience at the Stadium.
- An engagement photographer and videographer to document the proposal experience.
- Chauffeur-driven transportation between the Rose Bowl Stadium and The Langham Huntington, Pasadena via Bentley Flying Spur sedan.
- Two-night stay in The Langham Huntington’s 3,200-square-foot Tournament of Roses Presidential Suite.
In-suite VIP amenities: a bottle of Louis Roederer Cristal Rose Brut Millesime Champagne; 100 long-stemmed roses; chocolate-covered strawberries; a pair of monogrammed Langham bathrobes; and fresh rose petals sprinkled throughout the suite.
A romantic four-course dining experience with wine pairings presented either in-room or in the Royce Wood-Fired Steakhouse’s Red Wine Room.
Daily breakfast for two in-room or at The Terrace.
A dedicated Langham Engagement Coordinator to assist in planning everything from the gala marriage proposal to the entire romantic getaway, from start to finish.
Turn up the Heat with 5 Nights in Bora Bora
The Islands in the Sun Travel Company has brought together some of the most romantic activities offered in this South Seas destination where couples can get:
- Round-trip international airfare from Los Angeles on award-winning Air Tahiti Nui
- 5 Nights at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa – Overwater Villa
- Complimentary upgrade to Deluxe Overwater Villa (subject to availability at time of check-in)
- Room service Breakfast delivered by Outrigger Canoe
- A romantic Motu Tapu Escape with a picnic lunch
- Round-trip inter-island air transportation on Air Tahiti
- Meet & Greet and shell lei upon arrival
- All transfers and baggage handling
- Airline and hotel taxes
Bonus for Honeymooners: A bottle of Champagne upon arrival
The rate: $3,999, including international air from Los Angeles.
Food, Wine and Romance in Sonoma
The Kenwood Inn and Spa is offering a special romantic culinary getaway that is available for three engagements only: February 26-28, March 12-14 and April 23-25. The Inn located in the golden Sonoma valley of the California wine country begins with a welcome beverage and a tour of Kenwood Inn and Spa before guests enjoy an authentic family-style gourmet Italian meal around the community table. The next day it is a visit to Wise Acre Farm, for a private tour and picnic lunch with owner Raina Brolan. In the afternoon guests enjoy a pasta demonstration using eggs gathered at the farm. That evening, participants enjoy a wine-paired dinner. On the final day guests experience another signature Kenwood Inn breakfast, all for a starting rate of $640 per night for two for all activities and inclusions, but excluding resort fees and taxes.
Kenwood Inn and Spa offers 29 villa-styled guestrooms flanked by courtyards, three saline pools and vineyard views.
Three Solutions for Last Minute Valentine’s Day Saves
The Allison Inn & Spa in Oregon
Find the ultimate wine escape in The Allison Inn & Spa‘s Oregon Wine Country Experience this Valentine’s Day weekend. The getaway combines the luxuries of an award-winning spa and resort with a world-renowned winery to offer a VIP four night, five day getaway in the heart of Oregon Wine Country in the Willamette Valley. Lodging is in a luxury one-bedroom suite with king bed and features a fireplace, creating a romantic retreat from the cool weather of the Pacific Northwest.
An intimate escape for two, the Oregon Wine Country Experience includes a helicopter ride from The Allison to the winery, including an aerial tour of Domaine Serene Estate and views of the Willamette Valley plus:
- A private tour and intimate tasting at Domaine
Serene, followed by a dinner and wine pairing for two.
- A three-course dinner at JORY, The Allison’s signature restaurant, with wine pairings from the award-winning wine list.
- Six select Domaine Serene wines as a gift to be shipped home.
- Lodging in a luxury suite at The Allison
Package starts at $7,100 based on double occupancy. Call (503) 554-2525, www.theallison.com.
ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa in Miami, FLA
This Valentine’s Day, ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa has a For Your One and Only! package that offers sunsets from a private balcony, a deep soaking tub overlooking the Intracoastal and Atlantic Ocean, a candlelit dinner in a private cabana set for two.
The “For Your One and Only” package includes:
- Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries
- A private candlelight dinner for two in a private poolside cabana
- Luxurious accommodations and daily breakfast your way
- 30% off spa services of 50 minutes or more
Package rates start at $1,149 per night for two with a three-night minimum in a Premier Ocean View Room or Premier Ocean View Suite. Call (877) 455-5410 and mention promotion code ONEONLY.
Ocean House in Rhode Island
This seaside, picturesque resort is an ideal romantic getaway located high on the bluffs of Watch Hill, Rhode Island — about 2.5 hours from NYC and 1.5hours from Boston. The “Romance by the Sea” package includes a two-night stay in a deluxe room, a welcome bottle of Champagne, breakfast for two on Saturday, brunch on Sunday and tickets to a special Salt Marsh Opera Dinner on Saturday. Two-night minimum required; rates starting at $745 per night, per couple.
Contact: (888) 552-2588, www.oceanhouseri.com.
Romantic Journey of Six Senses in Thailand
A romantic journey can be had at the Six Senses Yao Noi in Thailand’s Phang Nga Bay near James Bond Island off Phuket. The Romance at The View package runs through October 31, 2014 and includes:
- Daily Breakfast
- Round trip scheduled land and shared boat transfer, as per resort timetable
- One time breakfast in the privacy of your villa
- One time Sunset Castaway Experience
- One time signature massage for him and her (60 minutes)
Rates start at $910 per night in high season through April and $730 per night in low season from May through October,