Fishing Where the Fish are at Alaska’s Waterfall Resort
Waterfall Resort in Southeastern Alaska near Ketchikan (a 90-minute flight from Seattle) is offering some of its best rates of the year this summer. The Two-Night Land Packages run mid-June to mid-August. Included are wild sport fishing adventures for anglers of every skill level. Guests will be able to land trophy-sized King Salmon (Chinook), Silver Salmon (Coho), Halibut, Lingcod, Yelloweye and more than twenty varieties of Rockfish.
- Three days, two nights at 35% off retail prices with lodging in historic ocean-front cabins or lodge rooms (double occupancy)
- Hearty, all-you-can-eat Alaskan fare including wine with dinner
- Full service guided sport fishing on 25’ heated cabin cruisers (4 guest per boat)
- Use of high end rods, reels, all-weather gear and all other fishing equipment
- Professional fish cleaning, cutting, vacuum-packing and freezing
- On site Alaska Airlines agent to check in passenger, bags and fish boxes
- Ground crew in Ketchikan International Airport to assist with transfers
- Free Wi-Fi hotspots
Rates: Starting at $1,995 per person plus sea plane. Subject to availability on select dates. Airline baggage fees, Alaska State fishing license and gratuities not included.
Easy Thailand Packages for Summer Travel
Thailand is providing travelers with a rich experience at a value-driven price points this summer. Hotels and resorts throughout the country are offering specialty packages catering to couples, families, and beyond to entice visitors to ditch the domestic vacation and “Discover Thainess.”
Koh Kood Island Escape: Away Koh Kood Resort
Away Koh Kood Resort features spacious luxury villas, with private terraces and sea views from every room. Koh Kood, often referred to as the Maldives of Thailand, is an untouched island with a reputation for peace and tranquility. This all inclusive package starts at $181 per night, requires a two-night minimum stay and includes:
- Overnight accommodations in Duplex Bungalow
- Complimentary daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner for two people
- Round trip ferry transfer
- 10 percent discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages
Great Escape at Aonang Phu Petra Resort in Krabi
Guests can escape to Southern Thailand for a stay at the Gloriyo Hillside Villas at Aonang Phu Petra Resort with its panoramic views and crystal clear waters. The Great Escape Package starts at $110 per person and includes:
- Two nights’ accommodations at Gloriyo Hillside Villas
- 30-minute Thai Massage for two people
- Four-Island trip by speedboat for two people
- 10 percent discount on food and massages
- Daily shuttle service from the resort to Aonang Shopping Center
- Dail;y breakfast
- Welcome drink, cold towel upon arrival
Bangkok and More at Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
The oldest hotel in Thailand, the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok
offers guests beautiful views of the river and its fascinating life. Guests can enjoy a fourth night free and feel the culture of the city with floor-to-ceiling windows, and Thai silk upholstery in deep blue, purple, and red. This Bangkok package starts at $363, requires a minimum four-night consecutive stay and includes:
- Complimentary fourth night of accommodations
- Early check in and late check out
- Thai buffet lunch for two at Sala Rim Naam
Trisara Resort in Phuket
Perched over a private bay 15 minutes from Phuket International Airport, Trisara Resort is an intimate and exclusive resorts hidden in a jungle. All accommodations offer private pools, dramatic sea views, and a true sense of privacy. This package starts at $840, per night requires a 3-night minimum stay and includes:
- Overnight accommodations (three night minimum)
- Resort credit of US $125 per night per bedroom occupied
- Additional 10 percent discount on spa treatments, food, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Full daily breakfast for two people per bedroom occupied
- Transfers to and from Phuket International Airport via private car
- Complimentary high-speed WiFi in the villa and designated public areas
- Trisara designer beach bag
Spa Package at Sareeraya Villas & Suites in Koh Samui
Guests can treat themselves to a relaxing spa break at Sareeraya Villas & Suites in Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui and rejuvenate with the Treat Me Spa Package. This package starts at $762 per couple and includes:
- Three days, two-nights accommodation
- Daily Breakfast for two at Chef’s Table
- 30-minute Herbal Steam Bath
- 90-minute Tension Relief Massage
- Roundtrip transfer to and from Samui Airport
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the resort
Bite-Sized Taste of Russia
MIR Corporation is offering a 10-day Russian culinary tour led by a passionate Russian foodie so that visitors can feast their way through Russia’s greatest cities, while visiting all the definitive cultural sites along the way. Guests explore the enduring open-air markets in Moscow and St. Petersberg, czarist and nouvelle cuisine restaurants, retro Soviet cafés and vodka bars. They meet famed chefs for hands-on cooking classes and dine in country dachas where home-cooked cuisine and traditional Russian culture collide.
Departure: The tour is scheduled for July 31 – August 9, 2015
Rates: Starting at $5,995
Bicycling under the Big Sky: 2015 Tour de Montana
The Cycling House is hosting at Tour de Montana cycling trip July 13 – 19, 2015 and for the first time, riders can enjoy a new hotel option. Tour de Montana is an epic 320 mile, point-to-point, alpine ride through rural western Montana. This all-inclusive cycling tour includes fully guided and supported rides, all meals, luggage transportation and airport shuttles. It’s a seven day/six night cycling trip covers five mountain passes as riders track an average of 68 miles per day and 3,200 feet of climbing.
Stage 1 is almost entirely flat for 86 miles through the Bitterroot Valley. In Stage 2 the climbing begins with a six-mile climb to the top of the 7,000 foot Lost Trail Pass. The climb is paid off with a beautiful descent into the Big Hole Valley, surrounded by four mountain ranges. Stage 2 offers long and a short ride options at 120 miles and 78 miles, respectively. Stage 3 cuts through the heart of western Montana ranch lands and ends at Georgetown Lake. Stage 4 is a descent out of the mountains and back into the plains and farmland ending in Ovando, Montana. This day has an amazing optional dirt section that is Montana’s version of a smooth(ish) Paris Roubaix section. Paved or dirt, miles on this day are just over 75. Stage 5 is an optional out and back from Ovando and then the mode of transportation changes to the floating variety for a float down the Blackfoot River, famously depicted in the classic A River Runs Through It, and back to Missoula.
Rates: The trip is $1495 per person (plus $500 for the hotel option) with a 30-rider limit.
Cure for Layovers at Chicago’s O’Hare
Some 134.8 million passengers are expected to fly in March and April this year, a 2% increase over last year, according to trade association reports. O’Hare International Airport will be in the center of much of that activity. The facility earned the title recently as the busiest airport in the world, according to data from the Federal Aviation Administration.
As the only hotel directly connected to O’Hare’s domestic terminals through underground walkways, Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport Hotel has introduced Day Use Rooms to accommodate travelers experiencing travel woes such as long layovers, missed connections or cancelled flights. The new Day Room package allows travelers the opportunity to enjoy a quiet room for relaxing or working before an evening flight, refresh after a long flight or rejuvenate with a quick workout.
Available for $79 on weekends and $99 on weekdays, the Day Room Package is available from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM only and includes:
- Newly updated, quiet accommodations in the No Fly zone equipped with soundproof windows, blackout drapes and comfortable leather recliner
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi and throughout the hotel (valued at $15.50/day)
- Complimentary access to the fitness center complete with cardio and weight training equipment, a swimming pool, whirlpool and more (valued at $22.40/day)