Few things pair better with wine than a stay at a California boutique hotel or bed and breakfast inn. Several members of the California Association of Boutique & Breakfast Inns (CABBI) are offering wine packages for guests to savor as the season changes.
The timing is right, especially as U.S. News & World Report just released its annual rankings of the Best Romantic Getaways. The survey notes 12 destinations across the United States that are ideal for romantic getaways and it is not surprising that Napa Valley comes out on top.
Napa Valley, California, with its rolling vineyards, cozy wine caverns and luxurious hotels, surpasses a surfeit of able contenders for the Best Romantic Getaways edition. Kauai, with its laid-back beaches, mountains and rainforests, (anyone up for a rerun of Lost?) wins the No. 2 destination, and offers travelers an abundance of outdoor activities and sightseeing adventures. The No. 3 destination this year is Maui, home to romantic luxe resorts, such as the Four Seasons Maui, and offering exotic jungles and charming beaches, and all the makings of a faraway paradise. The list also includes Cape Cod, No. 6, Martha’s Vineyard, No. 9, and Aspen at No. 12.
California Dreamin’ in a Sweet B&B
For North California-bound travelers, whether romantic weekend escapees or families seeking something for everyone, here is a sampling of Autumn package opportunities to be found amid some of California’s most scenic countryside.
- Take a horseback ride through a private wine country ranch and vineyard with the Ride, Wine, & Dine Package at the Fess Parker Wine Country Inn in Los Olivos. The package features a personalized 90-minute horseback ride for two through the historic 714-acre Parker Family vineyards and ranch. Guests will enjoy breathtaking views on their ride followed by a gourmet picnic lunch catered by The Bear and Star and an exclusive tasting at Fess Parker Winery. The package also includes one night’s luxury accommodations for two at the inn and a full breakfast for two at The Bear and Star. The package starts at $645. For reservations and more information, please call 800-446-2455.
- Take a drive along the winding vineyard roads of Napa Valley to savor the colors, wines, and excitement of the region at harvest time. In downtown Napa, the Inn on Randolph is offering 10% off midweek nights for the months of September, October and November with its Harvest Special. The special is valid on stays of two or more nights, Monday through Thursday through November 30, 2017. The inn is a stunningly-restored 19th century landmark with sophisticated décor and luxurious amenities. Call 707-257-2886 to make a reservation or book online using promo code HARVEST.
- La Belle Epoque Bed & Breakfast offers a great getaway to Napa with their Wine Tour Package. The package includes a discounted two-night stay in a beautifully-appointed room, a champagne greeting upon arrival and a full-day guided wine tour. Led by a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide/driver, the tour includes door-to-door pick up at La Belle Epoque, visits and tastings at four Napa Valley wineries, and a catered picnic lunch. The package is $698 plus tax at La Belle Epoque or $798 plus tax in the Buckley House Suites. Call 707-257-2161 to make a reservation.
- Take a tour of Carmel Valley’s best wineries with Old Monterey Inn’s Chauffeured Wine Tour Package. Surrounded by over an acre of English gardens, the inn is an exclusive retreat hidden among the trees in the heart of Monterey. The package includes transportation, wine tasting at four wineries in Carmel Valley and lunch at a local restaurant. The package is $699 per couple and requires a two-night room reservation in addition to the package. Taxes are not included. Restrictions apply. Wineries and restaurants are subject to change. To reserve, call 800-350-2344.
- Indulge in a midweek wine tour with the Two Night Stay and Tour Wine Package from Cottage Grove Inn in Calistoga. The inn’s private cottages exude laid-back luxury in a tranquil, romantic setting just a short stroll to tasting rooms, restaurants, boutiques and galleries. The package includes a two-night stay with a full breakfast and evening wine pairing each day, a bottle of wine, a spa basket and a group wine tour with door-to-door pick-up in a luxury Mercedes Sprinter Limousine, complimentary champagne, bottled water, soft drinks, vineyard picnic lunch, and a visit to four boutique Napa Valley wineries for two guests. The tour must be booked directly with Dynamic Wine Tours. The package is $895 plus tax, tasting fees and gratuities. The package cannot be combined with any other offers. To reserve, call 707-942-8400.
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch and wine tasting in Paso Robles’ wine country courtesy of Orchard Hill Farm. Stay three nights or more nights at the inn and guests will receive $40 gift certificate for lunch at Niner Winery, which was named one of the best winery restaurants in America by Food & Wine. Guests will also receive complimentary tastings at the winery’s tasting room. Orchard Hill Farm is an elegant, three-room inn located in heart of Paso Robles’ westside wine region. The inn welcomes guests with a bottle of local wine and a cheese plate upon arrival and serves a wonderful farm-to-table breakfast each morning. To reserve, call 805-239-9680 and mention the CABBI special.
For an ongoing list of tour packages and special accommodations to book in all seasons, contact Authentic California Vacations.