Paris for Children: A Stay at Le Royal Monceau
Children are in the spotlight at Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris with a great travel package complemented by some just-for-kids fun. The luxury property has launched a series of inspired activities for children and teenagers, starting with line-up of weekend workshops at the hotel’s Michelin-star restaurant La Cuisine. Travel packages for Paris with children has never been this enticing. Professional artists will lead the workshops in both French and English, and each event is closely linked to major cultural events in the capital. Up-coming workshops this Autumn will be inspired by iconic 20th Century artists – all of whom have exhibitions in Paris at the time, so children can see their work on display.
The first workshop will look at the work of pioneering cubist Georges Braque. A major exhibition opens at the Grand Palais (Saturday, September 28); then pop artist Roy Lichenstein moves into the spotlight, marking the start of a major exhibition of his work at the Centre Pompidou (Saturday, October 12); and Pablo Picasso is the source of inspiration when the Picasso Museum re-opens in November, after a two-year renovation (Saturday, November 30).
Also part of the program are movie screenings in the hotel’s chic Cinéma Katara; also pizza-making classes with the chefs of the Michelin-starred Italian restaurant Il Carpaccio; and teenagers can work with the hotel’s mobile recording studio and learn to be a DJ with music mixing lessons.
Le Royal Monceau is also holding imaginative children’s programs, such as treasure hunts through the Louvre’s Egyptian galleries, ‘pirate’ boat trips down the Seine – or following in the footsteps of a prima ballerina for a day.
And when in Paris, dress the part. Le Royal Monceau is partnering with French children’s wear couture house BONPOINT – a true Parisian artisan fashion house for programs, gifts and values.
Special Offer. Le Royal Monceau has a travel package perfect for the occasion: Family Escape at Le Royal Monceau starts at $1,744 (€1,335) with a reduction of 50% on the second room for children (from the Deluxe Collection rooms), with BONPOINT products in the rooms, breakfast at La Cuisine, free Wifi access, and complimentary access to the swimming pool and Spa MyBlend by Clarins facilities. Special children’s menu is available in both restaurants, and a reduction of 50% on the a la carte and weekend Brunch menu for children under 12. Complimentary room upgrade for parents, subject to availability.
Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris
(06 16) 80 50 05
(01 42) 99 88 36
Bike and Sip through Napa and Sonoma
Trek Travel, a leader in personalized cycling vacations, offers travel packages wrapped in an enticing farm-to-table-to-bike experience in its California Wine Country Luxury Bike Tour, offered in September & October 2013.
The six-day, five-night cycling adventure the food, the wine, the scenery and the cycling fun, and is highlighted by a rustic farm-to-table dinner at Quivira Estate Winery, a Dry Creek Valley biodynamic vineyard specializing in small-lot wines.
Participants cycle the back roads from Sonoma to Healdsburg, have vineyard-inspired meals, go antiquing in historic Yountville, visit California’s treasured Redwood Forest, and have the option of getting pampered at Napa’s Vintage Inn.
Adults can ride a Trek Domane 5.9 carbon road bike, a Trek Domane 5.9 Women’s Specific Design carbon road bike (limited selection), or a Trek 7.6 FX hybrid bike. Trek bike helmets, water
Priced from $2,799 per person, the Tour includes hotel accommodations, most meals, and entrance fees to all private tours, group events & activities. Departure dates are available from September 1 – October 11, 2013.
Disney World’s End of Summer Deals
With a host of travel packages in the offing there is still time to experience some great events this summer and fall at the Walt Disney World Resort in Central Florida. These include Night of Joy, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival.
A great way to experience these events, and/or to check out the wonders of the recently expanded New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom, is by taking advantage of the special “End of Summer Value Rates” now available at the seven Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels (a consortium of seven Official Walt Disney World Resort hotels) from August 1-September 30, 2013.
The hotel locations are an easy walk to the shopping, dining and entertainment venues at the Downtown Disney Area, and complimentary shuttle transportation is provided every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, two water parks, and to Downtown Disney. As a bonus, guests at these hotels also receive the 2013 Downtown Disney Deals booklet with discounts and specials from some 30 merchants and restaurants in Downtown Disney area.
End of Summer Value Rates and Travel Packages:
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – rates from $75 per room, per night
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa – rates from $95 per room, per night
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – rates from $109 per suite, per night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – rates from $89 per room, per night August 1-15, and from $79 per room, per night August 16-September 30, 2013
- Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown – rates from $93 per room, per night
- Royal Plaza Hotel – rates from $79 per room, per night
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort – rates from $80 per room, per night.
Disney tickets available to purchase at each hotel, as are advance tee times at all Walt Disney World golf courses and advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort.
Downtown Disney Hotels
Teachers Get Extra Credit at Bolongo Bay, USVI
School is out for summer and the travel packages are in full swing. Through September teachers can play and stay for less at family-owned Bolongo Bay Beach Resort in St. Thomas, USVI. An exclusive teacher discount for travel through September 30, 2013 gives teachers either 40% off room-only rates or 30% off Bolongo Bay’s all Inclusive rates, featuring unlimited premium cocktails and all dining a la carte, including lobster and steak. These savings are in addition to the low season rates providing a great value for a summer vacation.
Teachers who stay five nights or more will receive a complimentary Sunset Cocktail Cruise for two on board Bolongo Bay’s 53-foot catamaran (a $110 value).
Teachers can continue their education with a complimentary Discover Scuba Dive in-pool lesson with the on-site five-star PADI facility. Non-motorized water sports, including snorkel gear, kayaks, Hobie cats, and stand up paddleboards are also part of the package.
Bolongo Bay’s teacher discount is available in the Oceanview room category on a minimum three-night stay. With the discounts, daily rates for the room-only plan begin at $166.20 per couple (regularly $277) and $371 per couple (regularly $530) for the All Inclusive. Room-only rates subject to tax and service charge. All Inclusive rates include tax and service charge.
Use promo code TEACHER. No passports are needed for US citizens to travel to the US Virgin Islands.
Solage Calistoga: Creative Group Experiences in Napa
Solage Calistoga, an eco-conscious resort and premier destination for meetings and events, is launching four new and innovative experiences for groups. From an exclusive wine-paired dining experience with a custom menu created by the property’s Michelin-starred chef, to an indulgent and restorative bonding session at the award-winning Spa Solage, the offerings showcase compelling enhancements available to groups of all sizes.
Solage Calistoga provides over 15,000 square-feet of indoor/outdoor function space for executive retreats, corporate meetings, incentive programs and special events.
The new interactive programs available now include:
- “Meet the Maker” – a palate-pleasing event that includes a custom four-course wine-paired dinner created by Solage Executive Chef, Brandon Sharp and hosted by a selection of winery owners or winemakers. Rates start at $175 per person including four-courses and four wines. Groups may enhance their “Meet the Maker” experience with a take-home wine gift for each guest signed by the chef and winery host (an additional fee applies).
- “Night at the Movies” – Participants enjoy a private screening of the movie of their choice, all under the stars on the Solage Event Lawn. The event includes complimentary popcorn and soft drinks with upgrades such as house-made gourmet popcorn, sweet and savory bites, premium cocktail and wine bar, and a movie theater “candy bar” available for an additional cost. Rates start at $1,500 per screening.
- “Day of Indulgence” – Guests regroup and recharge at Spa Solage, a 20,000-square-foot health and wellness sanctuary. Groups receive private access to the spa’s Bathhouse mineral pools and cabanas, while the team rotates through a series of signature 60-minute Mudslides and massages. Rates start at $325 per person. The program may be supplemented with a host of amenities and poolside activities, such as chair massage, hand and foot reflexology, private outdoor yoga, Tai Chi, meditation, aqua aerobics or tarot card readings, along with a “greet the day” Bathhouse breakfast for an additional fee.
- “Team Fitness Challenge” – This group bonding experience features Solage instructor-led organized activities, including Boot Camp, Competitive Bocce or Wine Country Olympics. The activity includes smoothie shots and energy snacks, along with a personalized awards ceremony and a group photo. Rates start at $55 per person for a minimum of 10 people.
At the heart of Solage Calistoga’s meeting space is Solstice, a stylish 3,500-square-foot event barn with a 25-foot ceiling and polished concrete floor, serves as an excellent setting for large programs. The facility accommodates up to 230 guests with sliding window walls on three sides of the building and a 3,700-square-foot event lawn overlooking the picturesque Palisades Mountains. Solstice also offers two outdoor terraces for smaller events, and an outdoor fire feature, ideal for an after-event gathering.
The Napa resort has 89 contemporary guest studios that start at around $480 per night.