Canada-bound visitors can fall in love with the rodeo this summer inside a totally immersive experience of the Canadian west. Rodeo romance is only a click or call away for those who want to take in the warm wide skies of Alberta and join the rollicking centennial of the Calgary Stampede happening July 7-15, 2012.
Sports Empire, a sports vacation company based in Long Beach, CA, is offering a fun-packed “100th Anniversary of the Calgary Stampede and Canadian Rockies Adventure” package that includes full-on frontier fest events with bull riding, barrel-racing, bed racing, bar room fun and hootin’ annies galore in a freewheeling, eight-night jaunt around the Canadian countryside. Visits to scenic Jasper, Edmonton, Banff and the ice fields of Lake Louise are also on the roster.
So what does the centennial edition of The Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth bring? Imagine the largest state fair in North America packed with top-flight performers, midway entertainment, chuckwagon races and exhibitions from across the Great West, and then add the legendary, take-no-prisoners Calgary Rodeo to it all.
Sports Empire has put the perfect package together with convenient tours, knowledgeable guides and tickets to the corral-side competitions that will have clients reaching for their cameras between gasps and laughs.
Day-by-Day Package Highlights Include:
- Sat July 7th Arrive Edmonton at your leisure
- Sun July 8th Free time for sightseeing activities in Edmonton
- Mon July 9th Travel to Jasper including the Jasper Tramway
- Tues July 10th Free time for sightseeing activities in Jasper
- Wed July 11th Explore the Icefields Parkway and Lake Louise
- Thurs July 12th Free time for sightseeing activities in Banff
- Fri July 13th The Calgary Stampede and free time in Calgary
- Sat July 14th The Calgary Stampede and free time in Calgary
- Sun July 15th Depart Calgary for home
In each destination guests will have a free day to roam and do the activities they want to do, whether that’s sightseeing, whitewater rafting, balloon rides over the Rockies or just moseying around town.
Land packages start at $695, double or $1095, single for basic two-day rodeo packages, and $2,695, double ($3,795 single), for the eight-night stampede adventure. Pre and post nights in Edmonton, Calgary and Banff are available.
Visit www.sports-empire.com or call 800-255-5258