The force awakens at Disney parks this week as the highly anticipated Star Wars film launches in theaters around the U.S. and Disney opens some new and reimagined Star Wars experiences in California and Florida theme parks. Celebrating all things Star Wars, the experiences at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will entertain fans of the movie saga and guests who are looking forward to future Star Wars-themed lands.
Star Wars Launch Bay
Location: Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in California now open; Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida now open.
Star Wars Launch Bay is the central location within the parks for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars. In this multi-sensory space, guests will interact with iconic Star Wars characters, tour galleries featuring treasured memorabilia and detailed replicas of Star Wars props, play the latest Star Wars interactive video games and have access to special Star Wars merchandise.
- Special Character Encounters: After entering a themed atrium complete with authentic replicas of Star Wars props, guests journey to the dark side and come face to face with Darth Vader in a 360-degree immersive area themed around the Star Destroyer, or they may choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base to meet the most famous co-pilot in the galaxy, Chewbacca.
- Launch Bay Theater – Guests hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers, key movie crew members and Imagineers who bring the saga to life.
- The Cantina – This setting, inspired by the unsavory “hives of scum and villainy” in the Star Wars galaxy, is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess game table.
- Star Wars Game Center – Guests will play current and upcoming video games, including new Disney Infinity 3.0 content created exclusively for this location.
- Themed Galleries – Special immersive galleries featuring authentic replicas of movie props, starships and more are located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Launch Bay Cargo – Guests may bring home a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
Star Wars: Path of The Jedi
Location: Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in California now open; Echo Lake at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida now open.
Guests looking to relive – or discover – the stories from the Star Wars saga, or be introduced to the iconic characters, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, will watch an abridged, cinematic reel celebrating the Star Wars saga (episodes I-VII) in a theater setting. The movie connects iconic scenes from the movies in fun new ways, following the journey of Luke Skywalker.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Location: Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in California now open; Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida now open.
Fans of this popular attraction will experience journeys involving new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Based on the Star Wars movies, Star Tours takes guests to multiple Star Wars destinations where they interact with characters from throughout the saga. And it is all in Dolby 3D. With an eye-popping digital presentation leveraging Dolby 3D to deliver a vivid and realistic experience, a dramatic musical score and motion simulator-based technology, guests are immersed in the Star Wars galaxy like never before on a theme park attraction.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
Location: Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in California; Echo Lake at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
This popular entertainment offering is being reimagined with new characters and a new villain to battle from Star Wars Rebels, the popular Disney XD series. Younglings will be magically transported to a secret and ancient Jedi temple where they will face villains such as Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels, and discover if they have the makings of a true Jedi.
Location: Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in California; Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.
As guests wander the sights and attractions, they may come face-to-face with First Order stormtroopers who patrol the area near Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland Resort
Location: Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park in California now open.
The classic Space Mountain attraction is reimagined as Hyperspace Mountain, thrusting guests into the darkness for an action-packed battle between Rebel X-wings and Imperial TIE fighters.
More Galactic Adventures
Adding to the fun, guests at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort will enjoy tasty food and beverages inspired by a galaxy far, far away:
“Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” at Walt Disney World Resort
Location: Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, nightly.
It’s a spectacular finish to a park visit with a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga.
Coming: Star Wars-themed lands heading to the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. Groundbreaking in California and Florida is expected in 2016.