Travelers who act fast can get some great spring vacation deals on cruises, exotic vacations and upcoming celebrations.
Princess Cruises: Alaska, Caribbean, Asia on Sail
Princess Cruises is offering a “Summer Super Savers” promotion with and discounting up to 40 percent on more than 150 summer cruises. The fares must be booked by April 1, 2014 with a special reduced deposit of only $100 per person.
Sample summer vacation cruise deals, priced per person double, include:
- Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers cruise – 7 days: $579 interior (was $979); $1,070 balcony (was $1,749)
- Alaska Inside Passage cruise – 7 days: $649 interior (was $899); $1,199 balcony (was $1,399)
- Caribbean cruise – 7 days: $699 interior (was $1,049); $999 balcony (was $1,399)
- Japan – 9 days: $1,299 interior (was $1,989); $1,999 balcony (was $2,989)
Additional information about current cruise deals and promotions can be found at princess.com/topcruisedeals. More information about summer cruise sales and pricing can be found at princess.com/sale.
April Andaz Surf and Sun Package to Costa Rica
Andaz Peninsula Papagayo, the brand’s first foray into Latin America opened in late December and is offering guests a brand new adventure package called ‘Witch’s Rock Surf Package.”
The adventure package experience begins with a Liberia airport pickup and continues with a welcome gift of board shorts or a bikini from the Faherty Brothers’ surf lifestyle brand. Once at the resort, guests receive a complimentary upgrade to an Andaz View Room, daily surfer’s breakfast for two, and a full-day excursion to nearby surfing hot spot, Witch’s Rock National Park. A surfs-up goodie bag guests receive includes a personalized Andaz Surfboard sock, sunscreen, board wax and a Faherty Brand cap, as well as a professional photographer on hand to document guest’s wave riding skills. A beach picnic concludes the day.
The three-night Andaz Witch’s Rock Package starts at $2,800++ per couple and is available for booking through April 15, 2014 for travel through April 30, 2014.
(506-2) 690 1234
Andaz Peninsula Papagayo
Cherry Blossom Blitz Trips to Washington D.C.
The cherry blossoms are in bloom again and celebrated through April 13 during the National Cherry Blossom Festival. While the Tidal Basin is a bucket-list experience for many travelers, there are multitudes of only-in-DC experiences that make DC an ideal spring break destination. Visitors can catch the cache of European art saved in WWII by the division known as the Monuments Men, take in some of the 20 plays being featured during a major international theater festival and indulge in a memorable meal on the patio of one of the town’s fine restaurants.
Among the hotels offering springtime packages focusing on experience and value:
• The Fairmont Washington, DC Georgetown: The Pip Pip Cherry-io! Package includes cherry-infused tea with sweet and savory treats; box of assorted note cards featuring scenic views of the capital’s monuments by noted D.C. photographer Jake McGuire. Packages start at $269/night.
• Kimpton Hotels: “Blossom & Bubbles” package includes a bubble welcome amenity for children; a gift of locally-made cherry blossom soap; complimentary sake at nightly Wine Hour; a $30 room credit per day to use toward parking or dining. Participating hotels include The George, Palomar, Madera, Rouge and Monaco. Packages start at $169/night, depending on hotel.
• The Liaison Capitol Hill, an Affinia Hotel: Two blossom inspired welcome cocktails; one in-room commemorative blooming cherry blossom branch; and two one-day Metro passes. Packages start at $203/night.
Participating hotels include:
- Beacon Hotel and Corporate Quarters
- Comfort Inn Downtown DC/Convention Center
- Comfort Inn & Suites Near Union Station
- Courtyard Washington, DC/ Dupont Circle
- Courtyard Washington, DC/ U.S. Capitol
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill Navy Yard
- Crowne Plaza, The Hamilton – Washington DC
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport
- Days Inn Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue
- Embassy Row Hotel
- The Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown
- The George, a Kimpton Hotel
- The Graham Georgetown
- Georgetown Suites
- Hampton Inn Washington DC – Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol
- Holiday Inn National Airport/Crystal City
- Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House
- InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C.
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel
- Madera, a Kimpton Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
- Melrose Hotel
- Monaco, Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel
- Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel
- Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town South at Carlyle
- The Ritz-Carlton, Georgetown
- The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, DC
- Rouge, a Kimpton Hotel
- St. Gregory Hotel and Suites
- The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
- The Virginia Suites, an Ascent Collection Hotel
Why not Hawaii? Aston Waikiki Packages
Aston Hotels & Resorts is offering packages at two landmark Waikiki hotels: Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and Aston’s newest Waikiki destination, the designer boutique Hotel Renew by Aston. Packages come with complimentary amenities and extras such as sparkling wine, valet parking and even dinner – all for sharing the love with Aston.
Suite Deal: Book an Aloha Suite at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and receive a $100 gift card to the hotel’s popular Tiki’s Grill & Bar for a romantic dinner with great sunset views. Valet parking comes complimentary. Package starts at $309 per night and is available for stays of four nights or more.
reIGNITE: Couples receive 10 percent off their stay, complete with a special bottle of sparkling wine as a welcome amenity. Package starts at $135 per night and is available for stays of three nights or more.
Newlywed Special: Newlyweds are invited to soak up the romance of Hawaii with 15 percent off accommodations, and special amenities, such as a welcome bottle of sparkling wine and a 2 p.m. late checkout – all with no minimum length of stay. Just show proof of nuptials within one year of travel.
Vows with a View: Dream weddings in Hawaii can be had at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, including accommodations in an Aloha Suite Ocean View or Ocean View Select room; a reservation at the exclusive 21st-floor Coconut Club for the wedding and/or wedding reception; parking for the bride and groom; and specialized romance amenities including a bottle of wine, rose petals, and chocolates. Package starts at $1,824 for a 4-night stay.
Two-for-One Cruise Vacations on Windstar to Asia
Windstar Cruises is currently featuring an exclusive offer for the line’s recently introduced Asia sailings. Guests can receive 2-for-1 cruise fares on any of the new Asia itineraries, plus two free hotel nights pre- or post- cruise, and a free exclusive private event on shore during each voyage. The 212-passenger Star Pride, Windstar’s all new, all suite power yacht will set sail for the Far East in October, 2014. These Asia voyages start at $3,999, and cruises must be booked by March 28, 2014 to receive this special offer.
Star Pride’s Asia voyages include:
Singapore & the Malay Peninsula
Explore the melting pot of Malaysia and Thailand on this 10-day round trip voyage from Singapore that visits Penang, Langkawi, Pulau Pangkor, Kuala Lumpur, and Malacca, Malaysia; as well as Phuket, and Ko Yao Noi, Thailand. The free exclusive private event, Phuket: A Feast for the Senses, gives guests the opportunity to enjoy local culture with a Long Drum Parade and a private dinner at the award-winning restaurant, Sala Bua (Pavilion of Lotus).
Treasures of Southeast Asia
Guests cruise in private yacht style on this 14-day voyage from the haute couture of Singapore’s legendary Orchard Road to French-flavored Ho Chi Minh City (the former Saigon) and the monuments of Hanoi. The voyage starts in Singapore and visits Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Qui Nhon, Da Nang, Hanoi (Haiphong), and Halong Bay, Vietnam before ending in Hong Kong. The free exclusive private event, Hoi An: Dreams of Floating Lanterns with arts, crafts, culture, and cuisine with a private performance of lion dances and dinner at Nam Long, a beautiful restaurant on the Thu Bon River.
Vietnam combines beauty and culture in one experience on Windstar’s 10-day voyage from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to Hong Kong. Ports of call include Nha Trang, Qui Nhon, Da Nang, Hanoi (Haiphong), and Halong Bay. The free exclusive private event, Hoi An: Dreams of Floating Lanterns.
For guests who are looking to extend their cruise vacation with a land experience, The Wonders of Angkor Wat can be added on to this itinerary. The three-day journey explores the ancient temples of Cambodia with visits to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and the Angkor Temple of Ta Prohm. The package starts at $1,535 and includes airfare to or from Ho Chi Minh City, two nights accommodation at the five-star Le Meridien Angkor and a gourmet dinner with traditional Cambodian entertainment and dance performance.
Pearls of the Indian Ocean
Guests sail through scenic islands and bays of the Andaman and explore the colonial Old Towns, ancient cave temples, and melting pot cities on this 15-day voyage from Dubai, UAE to Singapore. Star Pride visits Mumbai, Mangalore, and Cochin, India; Phuket, Thailand; and Penang, Malaysia.
Special access of small ship cruising: Windstar can get close enough for guests to experience these extraordinary places. Star Pride docks in city centers where larger ships can’t go, including the center of Hong Kong, the center of Penang, and the center in Halong Bay where junks come right alongside for guests to board from the deck of the yacht.
‘Tween Season Vacations Leave Winter Behind
Spring Flower Festivals 2014 to Take the Chill Away
Spring Break 2014 Ups the Ante on Costs