Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA is a particularly brilliant time to see just what the world’s best visionaries of animation and entertainment can produce. Through Friday, Oct. 31, guests can see just how scary things can get with special Halloween transformations of the theme park’s Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain; as well as encounters with Disney villains conjured by a magic cauldron and partying into the midnight hours with the Mad T Party band.
Mickey’s Halloween Party is an added bonus of the holiday. It’s a separate-ticket time where adults and children show their Disney Side by dressing in costumes, trick-or-treating at Disneyland Park and enjoying an array of special entertainment, including the exclusive “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular.
New to Halloween Time at Disneyland this year are the latest twists at Haunted Mansion Holiday as well as experiences at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch, with more mysterious fun joining the Astounding Cauldron of Magic.
Spooky Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland is one of the guest favorites during Halloween Time. The Halloween-themed experience begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed in drops and curves through dark space pierced by screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.
The Haunted Mansion Holiday is back at New Orleans Square, which gets transformed with a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas cheer. Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film “Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas.”
In addition to Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy:
- In Frontierland, guests can see a new magic show presented on the Halloween Carnival stage at Big Thunder Ranch. Nearby they also may conjure up a Disney Villain at the “Astounding Cauldron of Magic” sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival.
- Also at the Halloween Carnival in Big Thunder Ranch, guests encounter favorite Disney characters in Halloween costumes, pumpkin carvers showing their Disney Side with elaborate creations, Halloween decor and activities for youngsters.
- Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland transforms to become the Pumpkin Festival, with hundreds of pumpkins on display, no two of them the same.
- Guests age three and up show their Disney Side and live their pirate dreams as they learn the ways of the seven seas at The Pirates League. A part of the Halloween Carnival, The Pirates League offers a variety of pirate transformation options: Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Captain Hook, Ghosted Pirate, Black Beard, Black Eyed Jack, and Empress, created especially for pirate princesses. (For The Pirates League reservations call 714-781-7895).
- Frontierland observes Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display that will remain through Sunday, Nov. 2.
In Disney California Adventure Park, chills come out at the The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror, where a “supernatural” event that happened on Halloween evening 1939 forever haunts the building.
Mickey’s Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event* for trick-or-treating families, expands to 14 spooky nights in Disneyland. Highlights of Mickey’s Halloween Party include:
- “Villains Square.” Throughout the evening, the Disney villains arrive in Disneyland Town Square as the “Bad Apple Party Crashers,” riding a black horse-drawn carriage accompanied by thunder, fog and special lighting effects. Villains such as Cruella De Vil, the Queen of Hearts, Judge Frollo from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” and Lady Tremaine from “Cinderella” appear for photos and character greetings, and guests are invited to “Party Like a Villain.”
- The opportunity to play in Disneyland for three hours before the party starts
- Trick or Treating – candy and healthy treats – in the ultimate Disney neighborhood
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party, weather permitting)
- “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
- “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace: Class time is over and the students of Monsters University join Halloween Time guests in a family-friendly frat party with the most popular students from Monsters U, Mike & Sulley.
- The Cadaver Dans, a ghoulish quartet performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America in New Orleans Square and Frontierland
- Photo locations with Disney characters
- Nearly all the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions
- Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle